Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Tin Man's message

Well, that's a pipe dream if I've ever heard one. Apologies for sounding negative, but how do you know that the evil corporate slaves that you're trying to hide from don't come to join your group in sheep's clothing? Who's going to hire the PI to investigate every potential member before they're told what the secret knock is?

And there is no certainty that there will be a buyout. With two major shareholders that each have deep pockets, I'd be more inclined to think that Noront might be around for longer than some expect.

Does anyone here have any experience owning other companies in the past that have had this kind of major stakeholder ownership from multiple entities? Remember what happened with Spider, once Cliffs bought a big enough portion of the float, they were able to force a 100% participation in the tender (I forget what the exact percentage thresholds were). Could RCF do that to Baosteel?

Please login to post a reply
MarlboroDog
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2007
Social Links
Private Message