Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
Budget-ROF.
over 12 years ago
in response to brutus2005's message

I came across this write- up but there is not much in it we did not already know. I thought I would share it with you anyway.

D

Provincial budget offers status quo for Northern Ontario

By: Northern Ontario Business staff

The Ontario government has a “plan in place” to guide investment in the Ring of Fire, but is keeping the purse strings tight for now on any mining-related infrastructure spending.

A four-paragraph mention in the McGuinty government's 'austerity' budget of the massive mineral deposits in the James Bay lowlands provided no clarity on the government's plans to invest in any mining, transportation or community-related infrastructure.

The government acknowledged that Northern Ontario's economy will benefit from the more than 1,500 jobs created by the Ring of Fire, with plenty more being created in the service and supply sector.

Budget documents say money will be set aside for transportation networks, hospital and post-secondary institution projects that will “maximize returns on investments.”

In a March visit to Thunder Bay, Premier Dalton McGuinty told local media that the province will spend $35 billion over three years on Ontario infrastructure. The Ring of Fire will get a sizeable share.

The government already made a pre-budget strike last week with its divestment announcement of the North Bay-headquartered Ontario Northland Transportation Commission. Government train service between Cochrane and Moosonee will be maintained, but the savings from the divestment of passenger rail, freight, rail car refurbishment and telecommunications will save $250 million over three years.

Please login to post a reply
goldnugget
City
Thunder Bay
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/11/2008
Social Links