Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to herbwiebe's message

OK Herb, let's face down the elephant in the room.

The "WOULDA, COULDA, SHOULDA" when NOT hit north of $7.00. The "how could I have been so bloody stupid?!?!?" to have held on as the share price slid down the hill.

It's a fine question to ask yourself in the quiet of the night, while your wife snores blissfully beside you, and you realize that an early retirement, so clearly within your grasp, just ain't gonna happen.

OK, now that your palms are all nice and sweaty, and your heart has started to pound, and the elephant is snickering, I have an answer for you.

You see, that elephant spent a long time in my bedroom, snickering as well. I had so many NOT shares when we hit over $7.00 that I could have taken an early retirement, made well in excess of $1000,000.00, if I had just...pressed...that...sell...button....

But I didn't.

And here's the thing. The truth. Likely the same for you and many others on this board.

Say you had sold. Then what? If you are the kind of person that invests in a Noront story, it just ain't really likely that the money was heading into GIC's was it?

Nope. Flush with your brilliant successes, you and I both would have found other worthy ventures to invest all that dough in. Probably in the same sort of vein (no pun intended), and why not? We are obviously good at this type of thing!

And then 2008 would have happened, and all that lovely money would have flushed straight down the drain, along with everybody else's investment. But here's the killer, maybe, once out of the obviously risky Noront, you would have invested in something SAFER, you know BLUE CHIP sort of investments...that's right...the same type of thing that Warren Buffet lost BILLIONS on in the 2008 crash.

And there's that elephant again, only now, it's laughing it's ass off! Because you weren't smart enouph to take that money and stuff your pillow with it!!

And that's the truth. Forget the "woulda, coulda, shoulda's" and realize that your DD has led you to remain with a company that has consistently proven an expanding and valuable resource under the care of a pretty savy management team.

And tell that elephant to go screw itself.

That's what I did. While adding to my position on down dips, and ignoring the white noise of the market.

Hope that helps.

Time for a nap.

Wake me up at $20.00

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

crazydik

Please login to post a reply
crazydik
City
Toronto
Rank
President
Activity Points