Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Dolphin's message

"HORROR I cannot even contemplate."

Such a few words, that used in the context it is, is an absolute misstatement.

If one travels by aircraft north from Winnipeg to any of the northern communities, you will get a pretty good example of the area around the ROF. It looks like it is a minimum of 50% water. In this area there are literally 100's of headframes in different stages of their lives, from decrepit old to very recent in age. Every one of them has/had a processing facility of some sort, with the largest being the Thompson complex, which contains a full nickel processing facility, including mine, mill and smelter.

Each and every one of these facilities that are presently operating, are doing so with the full scrutiny of environmental authorities and are fully compliant. This present situation has been attained as a result of many years of study into past operations, and are fully understood by both regulatory authorities and operating personnel. In other words, they understand what is necessary, and will take whatever steps are needed to attain full compliance.

One definate statement could be made here, though. If NOT was to move from it's present position forward to obtaining a permit for underground operations, They could likely be fully permitted within 24 months. If Cliff's/FWR was to move forward towards the same goal for an open pit operation, you would be looking at a minimum of 5 years. If you then consider that the decision for infrastructure (road/rail/power) will be controlled by government authorities as it as everywhere else, who would you be betting on in the short term.

Best regardfs

K

Please login to post a reply
khareema
City
Chase B.C.
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined