Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to franzneumann's message

"The people who seem most upset are those who bought into the bluest of blue skying that was espoused on this forum (and by Richard). I always tried to caution against that. Expectations were way, way too high. A huge return was always a possibility, but it was a very small one. A big return might still come to fruition, but a more realistic view is that we can all make a healthy profit, even if we don't get filthy rich in the process."

Hey Franz,

I understand what you are saying in your post but I think it is certainly a "hindsight is 20/20" opinion. Just curious, did you sell your holdings at 7.42? My guess is no, because you are still here.

If now we are given a rough guess of $8 buyout possibility and you are accepting of this figure as a reasonable value for what we've got, then when we were at the high of 7.42, I would think that you would have been quite content with anything in the $7 range, given that you weren't expecting much more than that for this company. It's very easy to look back now and say these things, but I believe that if Richard was at the helm, he would be getting us more than $8/share, and quite possibly would have fulfilled his "blue sky" predictions.

My investment, and decision to hold that investment even in the $7 range, was made with Richard leading us. Now that we have others in charge, maybe this $8 ball park is all this new management will be able to get for us since there will now, most certainly, be other interests involved that will be put above ours.

With Richard in charge, we would have seen higher IMHO and I think many here feel the same. It's not that we weren't realistic in our expectations, but things have changed now. I don't feel the end result will be what it would have been if Richard was able to remain in charge. Hopefully for us all though, that isn't the case.

Respectfully,

CoZmo

Please login to post a reply
CoZmo
City
London, Ontario
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined