Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Stratopod's message

You mention cashing in the wife's RRSP to buy NOT. I would recommend against this. There are better ways.

1. Create a self directed RRSP out of the existing RRSP using a tax free transfer /sale in order to have cash in the new SD RRSP.... then buy NOT

2. As in 1 above but instead of buying NOT on the Market you can buy from your cash account. This will lock in the capital gain and you will still hold the NOT, just in 2 places your cash account and your SD RRSP. I currently hold half my NOT in each.

3. If you have room in your RRSP, set up SD RRSP and use your NOT as a contribution. This is nice as you will pay tax on 50% of the gain and get a RRSP receipt for 100% of the elected transfer price. You will keep all your NOT and the refund next April will pay for this winter's trip.

Apologies to those not in Canada

Boatboy CA

Please login to post a reply
Boatboy
City
Huntsville
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined