Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Hi all,

Firstly (I've underlined the beginning of my main ECU question below for anyone wanting to skip the ECU board focused stuff here). I'd like to shift this conversation from the name calling and disrespectful mudslinging and get back to a real factual/opinionated but non-personal discussion. I'd love to hear the opinions of all/any main posters here as I see different values in different personalities here regardless of the infighting. However, not to sit on the fence, I personally feel that unless a post contravenes our basic rules / attacks personally another poster, it should be retained. I have seen a lot of blatant attacks which have remained (even received loads of votes) and would question why a GOG press release relevant to ECU would be removed? All reasonable posters here know that GOG has to spin things their way and was on the 'losing end' of their silly action... however we should have the right to read the post here and make our own judgement. GWR is a stellar example of a 5 star poster in my opinion, but this looks odd and would unnecessarily concern new members of our board. You may not agree with what is said, but should defend the right for someone to say it. The board is apparently filled with Libertarians and therefore I would suspect that they should support this basic liberty. Personal opinion finished: on with my real question.

Background to the ECU question: I've received a communication from my bank similar to that of the one posted recently where it's been helpfully pointed out that ECU is massively underperforming my other shares and in particular Silver and my pure silver holdings. In addition, I am currently pointing out to a number of strong investors here the ECU story and looking for some investment in the company, however they have without fail come back with serious questions as to how ECU can be so undervalued and there be 'nothing fishy' in regards to the company. So far they have failed to buy in, preferring other silver miners or silver itself.

I want to STRESS this at the outset: I have been a shareholder for about 4 years and am a very strong supporter of the company. I personally believe that we are on the receiving end of massive naked shorting which is holding our cork down below the waters surface. I own a lot of ECU shares and have no intention of letting them go.

The Question: Board members, please lets discuss the why. What is it that is causing this serious and very concerning disconnect between the ECU story, the positive press and reviews and our company still being valued at less than .40 cents per ounce? I am always shaking my head when I see huge upswings in silver, profitability just on the horizon, massive amounts of silver under the ground, a responsive investor friendly board... yadda yadda (we all know the story) but no real meaningful movement upwards! I saw a recent post suggesting that ECU move from the TSX... interesting... but I don't know what effect that would have. What is this 3,000 kilo elephant on our backs? Is there any real recourse for us if we believe we are being illegally manipulated? Every day I think... tomorrow... but tomorrow just doesn't come.

Personally I am sick to death of being 'dead right' (investing at 2.45 when the company was 1/4 as good a story as it is now) and still being 'wrong' (despite buying at lows I am still down 50%). What do I tell these investors or my bank? I feel comfortable in factually defending the company... but how do I defend the argument to invest in the company (on the TSX / with the manipulation) ???

Anyhow, please comment and lets keep it clean and respectful - we're all in this company together. This is not Chithouse.

Soul

Please login to post a reply
Mrsoul027
City
Zurich
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/30/2008