Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.

I had to come out of lurk mode to respond to the post to which this replies. You've made it exceedingly obvious that you just don't get it. Either that or you're simply trying to confuse, through omission, the real issue - the real complaint.

I don't recall much complaining by people here about the fact that certain suedo-insiders received generous compensation for approving the MA/ComAg. The company wanted something, he demanded compensation for that something, he got it. A very basic business deal. He capitalized on an opportunity, and there's really nothing wrong with that.

He did indeed approve those agreements. He knowingly signed on the dotted line. You formally approve it, you own it (IMO). The problem, the real issue, IMO is that this "ownership" cannot be denied. Criticism of others having essentially equal powers as to approval/rejection of those agreements appears ackward. This is the issue. At least for me.

Other criticisms also come into question.

BoD/Executive compensation. Paid way too much to do too little. After receiving $60K cash and nearly 200K shares outright for listening to a detailed briefing and signing your name? That's okay, but compensation is out of whack? The criticism, while valid, ignores this little bit of reality. This is not a complaint about his compensation, it is concern that it is apparently okay to criticize the compensation of others "to do too little" after having demanded and accepted very generous compensation for a couple of hour's time and a signature. Again, "ackward".

Dividends. Who benefitted most? Those holding dividend rights to large numbers of shares, which were acquired at a discount (and/or for signing a document). Criticism? Again, "ackward".

IMO, these are the real issues based purely on facts. While most if not all criticism is deserved at some level, when one was a direct party to the decisions criticized (agreements) or received exagerated benefit from decisions made independently by the BoD (dividends), criticism by some here is, IMO, "ackward".

Some have an issue with all of this, some obviously don't. But I hope this clarifies.

SGE

Please login to post a reply
SGE1
City
Santa Ynez, CA
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/15/2004