Omagine

Company has signed a Development Agreement with the Government of the Sultanate of Oman. Omagine Owns 60%; Sultanate Owns 25%; Consolidated Contractors Owns 15%. Project to be developed on 245 acres of beach front land on Gulf of Oman. The estimated cost approximately $2.5 Billion. BNP Paribas To Lead Construction Financing Syndicate.
Buyback
almost 9 years ago
Re: Buyback
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
in response to Get Irie's message

Thank you for this discourse. Makes a lot of sense and since Omagine is about to be awash in ~ $70m, that should trigger more interest and further progress.

HOWEVER, I very much doubt the company would want to buy back shares as there are way too few outstanding. To attract institutional investors (later, once they raise their profile by joining Nasdaq) they'll need a much greater float.

I agree there is plenty of supply right now ... it's as Oiler has said repeatedly, just not enough buyers. I don't have an answer. The intrinisic / book value is $20+ (don't know where everyone is getting the high end of $40 from, unless they are counting the NPV of the project). How the market value could be $1.70 just escapes me.

Maybe next week, after the Thanksgiving weekend.

Please login to post a reply
AltonG
City
Basking Ridge
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/17/2011
Social Links