Omagine

Company has signed a Development Agreement with the Government of the Sultanate of Oman. Omagine Owns 60%; Sultanate Owns 25%; Consolidated Contractors Owns 15%. Project to be developed on 245 acres of beach front land on Gulf of Oman. The estimated cost approximately $2.5 Billion. BNP Paribas To Lead Construction Financing Syndicate.
How Long ...?
almost 9 years ago
Re: How Long ...?
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
Re: Whats New?
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
in response to Jeff72's message

Agreed, it is a bit complicated and they likely are waiting to give us one, final answer. But I don't see how this can be so difficult for internationally renowned accounting firms to figure out. It's not like they haven't had more than a little time already. As for the accounting treatment: It gets added to LLC as an asset and, $ for $, LLC's shareholders' equity goes up (in this case, by $718m). Personally, I don't see this as an intangible asset. It looks enough like real estate that it should be treated that way. If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck, then ... You get the picture. The difference between a "right" and the actual ownership of the land is so insignificant that, in my less than humble opinion, it should be treated as real estate. Regardless, there's been ample time to figure this out ... even before the DA was signed. So, my dear accountants, please move this to the front burner and issue your opinion now rather than later.

Thank you.

Signed,

A Less Than Humble Financial Analyst

Please login to post a reply
AltonG
City
Basking Ridge
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating