e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
in response to emit's message

Lots of stuff to do emit.

A default judgment means you have a default judgment....that's all.....nothing more. To collect on the judgment, the court must fix an absolute value to the judgment. EDIG will have to convince the court that the amount requested is realistic and based upon reasl world numbers. Then there's much more to do before you get a penny. EDIG will have to obtain a writ of execution. Then EDIG will have to point the appropriate law enforcement agency....sheriff....marshal....etc to the place where the writ can be served....bank accounts.....tangible assets....accounts rec'ble.....etc. In this case the writs would most likely be served on the distributors, demanding that any and all monies recieved from the sale of the product be turned over to the enforcement authority and forwarded to EDIG. Assets of the judgment debtor of often hard to find but in this case you can hardly hide proceeds for a sale of your products if you advertise them. :>):>)There's more I'm leaving out but you get the idea. Once the court issues the writ, it no longer has an interest.

Of course, through all this, IVideon can fight the proceedings and delay everything. Also, since this appears to have a foreign element, the process could entail many more problems.

Don't spend the money yet. :>):>)

Somebody should tell them it would be a lot easier on them if they take a license and pay royalties.:>)

I spent the last 20 years of my working life dealing with issues of judgments and executions as a supervisor of a bureau which prosecuted employers who tried to stiff a governmental agency. I know how difficult this process can be. Hopefully, Ivideon sees the light.

Please login to post a reply
Pravda
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/18/2006
Social Links
Private Message