POET Technologies Inc.

in response to ctblizzard's message

ctblizzard:

"Intel Embedded lasers on silicon chips back in 2006 for god sakes. the enhanced the process in 2010 , that was 4 years ago. You just have to google it to confirm.

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/2010/20100727comp_sm.htm

IBM also has a different process which used holes in the silicon and expects to commercialize this year.

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/74594.html

There are endless articles out there on Intel, IBM, MIT etc.."

I can't tell if you are lying or ignorant.

Intel is packaging lasers made from germanium in a planet-sized chip to form an expensive hybrid design. And I defy you to dig up any cost information that suggests it can be produced in an economically viable way.

IBM is NOT going to commercialize this year. It even says in your article (which - like the Intel article you posted - we all read when it was released, BTW) that IBM has no plans to commercialize it.

"While the first use of the chip design will likely be supercomputers that crunch massive amounts of data, five to seven years later, the optical chipset could be part of business computing, said Doany. He hesitated to say whether the average PC would ever be powered by such the chip. While IBM won't make the Holey Optochip, the design will be heavily used by the company, he said"

Do they expect someone else to do it? This article was published in 2012, and guess what? Nobody wanted to license it.

I don't like giving advice on stocks, but I highly recommend that you stay away from POET. You need to do lots of DD before you understand well enough assuage your fears about competition. Or you need one of these companies you named to partner with us.

See you then.

Please login to post a reply
oogee
City
the Hammer
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/17/2012