POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Babaoriley's message

sorry if this is a recap for anyone.

1- Someone posted that during the blackout period insiders were prevented from buying or selling the stock. However, someone just posted the other day that 200k insider shares traded (buys I believe). That info was posted here on the board presumably to say hey , its cool insiders are buying as it dips.

it's not a "true" (ie, regulatory-imposed) blackout. from my recollection, it was more of a gentlemans' agreement that no "real" insiders (mgmt/etc.) may trade without enduring the Chairman's wrath (buying may jeopardize NDA, selling may get your arse booted out the door). the buys you see from PNP are posted as inside since they carry > 10%. the 100k dumped by Pierhal in Feb. were expiring options, he probably received special dispensation from the BoD, as part of stepping aside as CEO shortly afterwards.

2- Someone posted that no other company had combined optical/silicon. This is also not true. I pointed out two examples quite easily and there are many more. There are even intel products using this stuff once of which debuted in the fall of last year.

please re-read the corp presentation and the material in the links library. if you still have specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

(NOTE TO CHRIS: PLEASE DEVELOP A POET FAQ)

3- I havent see any tech specifics on speed for Poet (at least not on first look) but Intel system is getting 100GB per second I believe.

"intel system" could mean anything. please re-read the material, as in #2 above, some very conservative speed tables are included. once we're on the same page and past being vague, I could go as deep into the molecular science as you'd like. one or two others on the forum are capable of doing the deep dive if necessary (oogee, I'm looking at you)

but the short answer (since it appears you're a layperson): the 100GB reference example is meaningless. if you're reading material that quotes GB, it's from someone who is either (i) confused or (ii) from marketing, (the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive). But certainly not tech folk.

to put it in perspective (just using CPU/compute logic elements here, without getting into other applications of the platform such as RAM, solid-state, storage, baseband radio, component interconnects, transceivers, etc) ... the expectation is set for POET clock cycles on the order of up to 500GHz (five hundred gigahertz), at more-or-less room-temperature, along with electric draw that's 70-80% less than what's on offer in the market now.

hope that helps.

R.

Please login to post a reply
robvanhooren
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/24/2013