Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to lakeside's message

Good morning, Lakeside. A nice thought that was put into the Globe and Mail, was it???

"The Prime Minister acknowledged that First Nations such as the Tsleil-Waututh, who have launched a legal challenge to the project, are entitled to their views. “But no, they don’t have a veto,” he said"

My concern is not in anybody (including our Prime Minister) saying whether they have a veto or not, my concern is whether he has the brass kahuna's to send out the appropriate enforcement agency to remove the blockades on roads, rails and even air strips... TALK is CHEAP!!!!! But do you politicians have enough will power to send out someone to arrest a dissident group blocking a road or rail after you spend a billion dollars building the road or who knows how much for the rail? Traditional lands? Give me a break. If the government builds a road into your place, you should be thnakful, not blockade the road the first time that you don't get your way!!!

I guess that there is still hope... But wishing for a government that has the best interests of the Country in mind is a little far fetched, in today's day and age. Still, I made my bet.

Herb

Please login to post a reply
herbwiebe
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/22/2009
Social Links