Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Ringer's message

To displace people from their home without proper compensation is deplorable.
Displacements are necessary for the public good, but it should come at a price to that public if it needs to take your home.

"Truth and Reconciliation Commission, which will require the corporate sector to have free and prior consent before starting resource projects on Aboriginal land."
What a hidden statement in the above quote, not 'consent' but Compensation is meant.

But my question is, what is 'Aboriginal Land'?
It can not be all of Canada. Nor can it be land 50 or more kilometers from place of residence of any native community when no treaty is in existance. My argument is that many claims are based on absurdety due to their exaggeration.

Finally, it is not the fault of any company with regard to claims or ownership. It is and should be a matter only between the governments and natives. If a government sells a mining claim to a company then it has to have ownership of said land before the transaction takes place. We can not have hidden claims on Claims. This is a neglect of governments to provide clear title, or false claims of ownership by natives.

Sorry - Just venting some steam, Ed.

Please login to post a reply
Edgy
City
southern Ontario (often in Europe)
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/20/2006