Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

There's been a lot of animosity aimed at the liberals tonight. Possibly well deserved. I don't vote in Ontario, so I won't lay blame or get into the politics of the province.

I'm curious about why the following points could be relevant:
1. The government has emphasized recently that this is a FN-led study.
2. The government didn't release this study (remember that it was obtained by the CBC under a Freedom of Information request).
3. The government has recently stated that they're examining the best options.

So a big question in my mind is this:

1. Is the provincial government using this study as an excuse for inaction, and for refraining from committing capital to the project; or
2. Does the provincial government quietly disagree with what the FN's have said, and do they want to move forward with something anyway? Is that why the provincial government hasn't released the study itself?

Laying blame doesn't move us forward. So perhaps the real question is this:

"How do we [companies with ROF interests] move forward at this point? What needs to be done?"

Please login to post a reply
MarlboroDog
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2007
Social Links
Private Message