Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to SS76's message

SS76 wrote: "All this focus on KWG vs Noront, which is understandable when you hold a position in one of these companies, should not detract that the KWG news is good for the entire region. "

Just to remind everyone, Noront actually owns about one seventh of KWG.

Positive developments at KWG would be good for the entire region, yes, but they would also be disporportionately beneficial for Noront, even more so than for many other companies.

Ultimately, the existence of a railway (to bulk ship ore out of the region) would be great for Noront too, not just for KWG. On several levels.

It would be great if Canadian money was invested in building a potential railway and associated operations. But I won't complain about Chinese money getting a project going. I'm sure one could find many examples of Canadian money that has been invested in foreign projects, much to the bickering and muttering of local residents in those countries.

Please login to post a reply
MarlboroDog
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2007
Social Links
Private Message