Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Ringer's message

Subsidy?! You've got better perspective Ringer, "Maybe some roads into the north would help?"
People are using the excuse that the down turn of world economy is one of the reasons that the road to the Ring is being delayed.
That May be fair if one is chromite or PM focused BUT:

As I have said many times over the last several years, to some annoyance to some, depressed world economy is a positive for Noront's nickel ore, Yes My opinion.

Just consider that even in a depressed economy metals are still needed and that need is only depressed by a small fraction of demand. However, it does have more influence on the actual price of the metals.

Ed, where are you going with this? Been imbibing too much?
Well... not really grass hopper.

In the depressed prices with many mines cutting production and closing who is to deliver the metals that are still needed? Well of cource the least expensive producers. And many mines have exhausted the cheap sources.
That is why they are closing.

And while we do not have a mine yet, who has the potential to deliver at one of the lowest prices?
Yes you all well know who. No need to dwell on that.

My point:
Why bother about talking about incrementally rising metal prices when in actuallity they are not a factor for us, only would make our profits slightly larger.
We need to focus and drive into the minds of politicians ( after many years Gravelle still does not get it) and public that Noront's nickel ore mine should be a go Because the world economy is down and existance of this mine would help with development of N. Ontario where others may not.
So their delaying tactics are hollow.
Ed G.

Please login to post a reply
Edgy
City
southern Ontario (often in Europe)
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined