Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to greasemonkies's message

I think they'll wait until the courts settle the decision in November about the CCI claim strip easement. If Noront loses, then they can negotiate with KWG. If they win, they're in a much stronger position.

I think that each company potentially has things that the other could benefit from. And they're either:

1. Both waiting because they think their respective positions will strengthen in the coming months; or

2. Already have formed certain agreements which can't become public knowledge yet.

They're already de facto partners in a number of initiatives, ie. the Big Daddy, McFaulds, etc. They WILL work together eventually, to some extent.

KWG's value in Big Daddy is less impressive than a few years ago. Rights to the route are anything but confirmed. The potential patent is not guaranteed. And their option with Bold, which doesn't affect Noront as significantly, may not make it to the 100% stage. Lots of IF's.

But if the N/S route OR the patent actually gets sorted out in KWG's favor, then there will be more motivation for Noront to accept KWG as a serious entity.

In the meantime, I look at Noront as being more likely to make things happen in the next couple of years.

Please login to post a reply
MarlboroDog
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2007
Social Links
Private Message