Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to cashin17's message

Cashin, Why should they be given money to build for themselves?
If you give them money and they build infrastructures then these become private.

These people are subject to a treaty and do not compare to ones in BC who are likely without one. A treaty applies to them as it does to Canada, it is a two way street. By treaty they were included into Canada through them ceeding rights to land which they May have owned.

Canada, and now in this case Ontario is responsible for roads and they should be providing those. As for other infrastructures, some of those may be a federal responsibility. Those infrastructures are to be public and thus funded by public for all to use.

They own only reserve land and not that which is outside it, and even reserve land can be expropriated if needed, for compensation of course.

Au contraire, by them being assimilated into Canada by treaty they became a federal responsibility re support etc. They became like all canadians with the provision that they could maintain their traditional usage of lands to support themselves if on reserve ( this saved some federal support payments?) and are tax exempt.

I am no authority but above is my interpretation from reading treaty 9.

Please login to post a reply
Edgy
City
southern Ontario (often in Europe)
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/20/2006
Social Links