Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to seahawks's message

Am mostly disappointed because Noront's study is not good enough and Deloitte is Ontario's and still out there somewhere.
Now we have:
"announced a joint investment of more than $785,000 to support economic development and community access in Northwestern Ontario."
That is political speak because it is not an investmet but funding and not for development but to just fund another study.

This study is needed because the native communities have to have their say and what 'consultations' have occured up to now were only time wasting debates. There has to be a formal declaration of what they agree to or not. Decisions and agreements need to be put on paper and signed. Apparently road is all that matters to them that is why these communities are on board now. Road is fore most not for the Ring but for them.

So more time wasted, a third study for which we have to pay for, and bread crumbs towards progress on the Ring.

As for the Globe & Mail article:
"The Ring is years away from being developed, if at all. It may never be economical to mine the vast deposit of chromite, a mineral used in making steel."

I will not make a comment about it for obvious reason.

( I suspect sp to go up a bit monday morning, stay relatively flat for a day or two and slowly slide there after until decent news.)

Please login to post a reply
Edgy
City
southern Ontario (often in Europe)
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/20/2006
Social Links