Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Been There's message

Railroad is not the only way. Another way forward is to have the smelter on site and bring in service for it. Technology of today can do this without enviormental damage except for one corridor, E/W, and ship out the finished ferrochrome by truck. There are various other combinations of short rail and road could also work if a site was determined part way for a smelter. Chromite is still several years away and Noront will be a mine before that is needed. Then the best way will have been figured just in time for Noront to capitalize on chromite from underground the same as other chromite mines. I realy doubt that there will ever be an open pit chromite mine with trainloads of raw ore railing across the county for a long time. At least, not for 5 years anyway. Noront will be up and shipping way before that.

Please login to post a reply
crazytrade
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/17/2009
Social Links
Private Message