Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
The question is "what will it take?" Well in my opinion if the First Nations and Rae put forward a fair deal or proposal things will start to snow ball! The First Nations could be a leader. They have so much to gain. Road access to communities, jobs for young people, royalties for the Elders, transmission lines to bring cleaner energy and most importantly they could show the world that they are a leader in Canada and promote future partnerships with their people's. If the First Nations came forward with a reasonable deal for their stamp of approval things would begin to happen. Why would the Federal gov. Not allocate money for infrastructure? The government would get taxes and royalties. They would be seen as doing something good for First Nations. They would secure votes in Ontario! But, if the Federal gov. Came to the table first, they may be concerned that they could be held "hostage" by First Nations to get more than other stake holders are prepared to give. On another note, there was an article in the Winnipeg Free Press last weekend that Manitoba Hydro could build a transmission line straight to the Ring of Fire. Just my opinions here and I am a long term holder / accumulator of Not. T.C
Please login to post a reply
t craig
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/03/2009
Social Links
Private Message