Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to crazytrade's message

razytrade, thanks for your post. Very Exciting. I wonder if it's platinum.. I remember this from Mungall and below from Hoov back in 2010

From Mungall 2010

http://www.es.utoronto.ca/Members/mungall/mungal-pub-pdf/28Mungall2%20compressed.pdf

"These are samples of massive sulfide containing abundant visible

sperrylite, with true Pt grades prior to recalculation to nominal

100 percent sulfides are 351 ppm over 50 cm and 1170

ppm over 15 cm. Considering the dynamic range of Pt concentrations

(Fig. 10), it is worth bearing in mind that one m3

of massive sulfide containing 351 ppm Pt could contain all the

Pt formerly contained in 100 m3

of massive sulfides formerly

containing 3 ppm Pt, but which now are Pt-depleted. It is

easy to overlook the significance of a small number of PGErich

assays, considering them as mere outliers, when in fact

they may represent a small reservoir into which much of the

PGE budget of the entire intrusion has been sequestered

From Hoov 2010

http://agoracom.com/ir/Noront/forums/discussion/topics/417511-looking-forward-to-hearing-more-hoov/messages/1373269

"I spoke for a good while with Jim Atkinson about the PGEs. He was particularly excited about the visible sperrylite (platinum arsenide) crystals visible in some of the core (70W2?). The platinum crystals were secondary (remobilized) deposits, and the hope is that there is a rich source nearby. I'm sure that's one of the prospective drivers for the deep drill program at Eagle's Nest. He also commented that the average PGE grade at Eagle's Nest is better than that of Magma Metals, which is billed as a PGE play. (I did not verify that assertion, however.)"

Please login to post a reply
Babjak1
City
Oakville
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/02/2008
Social Links