Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to khareema's message

Hi K, there are a few flaws to the ONTC plan. They want to run all the traffic from the ROF over the ONR lines to North Bay. Then back to Sudbury on the CP line, and on to Capreol on the CN line.

What does this mean.

1)They will have to rebuild the Pagwa sub between Calstock (near Hearst) and Nakina,

approximately 150 miles.I believe the rail bed is still mostly intact, however they will have to lay new ties and rail. On top of that there are numerous bridges that will have to be re- habed, this will be quite costly.

2)It will add approximately 200 to 250 additional run miles to the trip, one way.This will add huge costs to the transportation of the ore.

3)They will need to secure 10-12 high horsepower lococmotives as well as 400 to 500 ore cars. I do not believe they have any of this equipment.

Because of the above I do not see the ONTC operating the ROF traffic from Nakina to Capreol.

They may build the line between Nakina and the mine site, then again, CN may get into the game. Time will tell.

Tks RR

Please login to post a reply
railroader
City
Hornepayne
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/10/2007