Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Edgy's message

Sudbury Novice "Is Democracy the best system of gov't that can be devised. I hope not."
It is the best that we know of, or at least what I know of. Nothing better to date has been offered.

I know the CIA, FBI and RCMP will have me on their radar but I'm afraid I have lost confidence in democracy as we know it.

Berta (JC) says the USA is not a democracy but they have elected officials as we do but we see how ineffective their system of gov't is...frankly it is a joke.

In Canada politicians only do what they think will get them reelected and give in to every special interest group. There are no checks and balances to keep spending in check like there is in the private sector. Look at federal service wages. A recent report stated that the average salary in the public sector is well over $100,00 per year ...far more than the private sector. This is how poorly politicians are at managing the nations affairs.

There must be a better system available but it is like you have lost your sanity to try and tell anyone that.

I just about fainted when I heard that McGinty was freezing teachers salaries. For any politician to go out on a limb like that must indicate how bad our finances are in Ontario. No wonder he had to quit...he just offended every union member in Ontario. How dare he do such an unthinkable thing? Since when do politicians care about the budget....especialy when there is a chance it may be unpopular.

Like I said...not much we can do about it so put your brain in neutral and watch hockey. At least Betman can't spend any public money and the worst the players can do is lose the game. It is just a game.

SN

Please login to post a reply
Sudbury Novice
City
God's Great Outdoors
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/05/2008