Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

I mentioned that I would follow up with Bob Chiarelli toward the end of May inquiring about his promise of releasing the "10 year plan." I emailed him what you see below and received a response from his office today. A link to the response is provided at the end of this post.

To bob@bobchiarelli.com
Sent: May 24, 2011 2:45:31 PM
To: bob@bobchiarelli.com

Hi Bob,
I am wondering if you will be releasing your infrastructure plan for Ontario this month.
I would appreciate an update.
Thank you and (keep up the great work).
Ingrid Babjak

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Infrastructure plan to include Ring of Fire

Saying the north is different, Ontario's infrastructure minister says our region will be taken into account in his 10 year plan. Bob Chiarelli tells municipal delegates in Thunder Bay that it must include the Ring of Fire mining development. He says that will include building roads, the electricity grid and communication links. His infrastructure plan for the province will be released next month.
==============================================================
  • Response from the Minister of Infrastructure re: 10 Year Infrastructure Plan‏

• 11:18 AM
    Ginger, Jacob (MEI)
    • Ginger, Jacob (MEI)
      Jacob.Ginger@ontario.ca
    Add to contacts
    To ibabjak
    Sent: June 13, 2011 11:18:18 AM
    To: ibabjak
    1 attachment | Download all attachments (31.0 KB)
    MOI1825MC...pdf (31.0 KB)
    Please find attached a response from the Honourable Bob Chiarelli, Minister of Infrastructure, to your message regarding the province’s 10-year Infrastructure Plan.
    =================================================================
    The attachment is a PDF from Bob Chiarelli . I could not find a way to save it and paste it here
    so I wrote it out below. Bob Chiarelli's words "Ontario Values its collaboration with its partners" brought back the article ...Harper will want to Paint the Ring of Fire Tory Blue. My gut is telling me that initially the majority of the initiatives were Provincial and then suddenly the Federal gov't woke up and said .."I wouldn't mind spending some money and taking some of the credit for this." Then came the delay for more negotiations in who pays for what and who will take the credit for what. That's my opinion. Bob's response to me is below.
    Thank you for your email regarding the 10 Year Infrastructure Plan and for your kind words. I am pleased to respond.
    The new infrastructure plan will set out a vision for future of capital investment in the province for over the next 10 years. It will identify long term priorities and help lay the foundation for an economically stronger and more competitive Ontario. Our ministry will be releasing the plan later this year.
    Ontario values its collaboration with its partners in addressing the provinces infrastructure challenges. Working together, we will continue building a lasting infrastructure legacy of which all Ontarians will be proud.
    Thank you again for writing.
    Sincerely,
    Bob Chiarelli
    Minister

Please login to post a reply
    Babjak1
    City
    Oakville
    Rank
    President
    Activity Points
    Rating