Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

A lot of OT stuff (at least regarding Noront) posted here lately.

I think, it´s time to look forward to things to come.

For the last years (or should I say decades), the James Bay Lowlands were just a little spot in the middle of nowhere.

With the exploration efforts of some junior explorers and subsequent finds of more than respectable amounts of high-grade, near surface mineralization in a "super-saturated" (lol Wes) environment, you could have witnessed the start of a new chapter in Mining History.

The "Ring of Fire" story emerged over the last 3 years and with this year´s PDAC Prospectors of the Year Award the first - and possibly most important - chapter finished (in my opinion).

We have seen an unprecedented staking rush after Noront´s "big hit" @ Eagle1 (now Eagle´s Nest) back in 2007. Quite a few of the "area plays" have disappeared already.

A lot of drilling has been done since, millions of dollars have been spent to gain more information about the geology of the area and money could have been made and possibly lost in this "business" over the past years.

Fact is, that some "first time movers" are still here and some of them have done well.

Others, which are still here, still have a lot of "potential".

"Late adopters" (at least one of them) have left their space at the sidelines and entered "The Ring", which, for me, was the crucial turning point in the whole development from "swamp exploration" to "next big mining camp" !

Chapter One is finished !

The government´s recognition (and support) of this story was the transition point between Chapter One and Chapter Two.

And I´m more than anxious to see Chapter Two of this story.

For me, this will be more finds in the area by various players, starting-up of infrastructure development and more consolidation with possible entry of more "big names". The governmental support and First Nations Issues will be a crucial part in Chapter Two again.

Maybe in four years from now, Chapter Two will be finished, some of us will be richer, some poorer because of our investments here and "The Ring" will see another transition to the final chapter of "The Next Big Canadian Mining Camp".

I´m really looking forward to that time, hoping that my $4 NOT warrants will long be exercised by then and that I will still hold a significant core position in some "Major Players in the Ring" .

Would be nice to still post on this hub then, though.

FANTOMAS

Please login to post a reply
FANTOMAS
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/04/2007
Social Links