Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
ghost drills
over 14 years ago
in response to IAMSUDBURY's message

I presume that the company voluntarily decided to respect the natives and stopped srilling during the blockade. I also presume that the company is on reasonably good standing with them and they felt that the blockade would not last long, or not long enough for the company not to be able to use up most of the money assigned for drilling this year. If there was a possibility of not being able to do it's drilling by agreed upon time then surely Noront would have used all 7 drills. Obviously that is not necessary as of now.

If the remaining two drills are still under contract than they are probably sub-contracted to someone else in the Ring. It is good when we share resources and means, it benefits us all. However the contract just could have ended by now.

Yes I would like to know the 'What' of these drills.
No I do not think it is a necessary secret of the company.
I think it is more of a political game or strategy.
As to where the fifth drill is used, I trust the company to know better than anyone of us.
AT12 location gets my vote. JJJ would be my next choice. Blackbird way back.

Please login to post a reply
Edgy
City
southern Ontario (often in Europe)
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/20/2006
Social Links