Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to NevilleD's message

I most heartly agree with you Neville.

Had Noront not made the offer Cliffs would have gotten Freewest anyways but at one third the price and a fraction of the news value.

Noront's action precipitated at least in part just about all events of the last several months.

Cliffs is knee deep in the Ring, government and natives have waken up and the whole thing happened at least a year earlier.

The only thing that could have been nicer for Noront is if we had joined with Freewest but we would have been more on the hook for future transportation infrastructures and it would have taken longer.

The consolidation referred to needs to happen so that infrastructure costs can be better shared and afforded. I doubt that Cliffs will be willing to put up the whole costs alone on rail line and then charge for usage. Ontario government, and probably with the natives, would be against usage fees because they could end up being exploitive.

Road access depends on Ontario government and natives. Companies would be tax paying by-standers on this aspect.

Please login to post a reply
Edgy
City
southern Ontario (often in Europe)
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/20/2006
Social Links