Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to vermillion's message

Unfortunately Rick Bartollucci will have little success at getting the 2 sides back to the bargaining table.

The Company has made it clear since before the strike that they will accept nothing less than the contract they have offered. That will not change.

The union has virtually no bargaining power. Inco is about 6% of CVRD's business and nickel prices are still low. Vale believes that the price of nickel would plummet if they started production again.

The company is slowly starting production of high grade copper and will soon start the smelter with staff. They are currently operating 2 mines and the Clarabelle Mill.

There is a distinct possibility that the company could soon shut down the Sudbury operations entirely. If they do that, they will not start up again until a time of their own choosing, regardless of what the union does.

It is time for the Union, the Strikers and the community to count their blessings, understand that many workers would be very happy with Vale Inco wages and get back to work.

Many of the strikers that I have had the occassion to speak to are very upset with the Union and Wayne Fraser in particular for leading them into a contract dispute that they can not win. Many are considering crossing the picket line in the new year.

One striker I spoke to this week says he is going bankrupt and is in the hospital with stress. He blames the union for his plight.

The local food kitchens are filled to capacity and children are going to school without the proper nutrition.

Most people in the community understand that this is simply greed on the part of the Union/strikers .

Sorry if this offends anyone but other than the Union, this is the predominent feeling in Sudbury.

SN

Please login to post a reply
Sudbury Novice
City
God's Great Outdoors
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/05/2008