Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
Frankfurt
almost 15 years ago
Re: Frankfurt
almost 15 years ago

Hello All,

First off - for anyone that is thinking that NOT knew about these PGE/ium results last year I disagree. They may have had insight, but they did not have THESE results. In the November 19th release, NOT reported on hole NOT-09-070-W1. This hole was drilled in the summer/fall of 2009 to address continuity at Eagle's Nest. Therefore they could not have had results of the PGE/ium last year.

Moving on. I've taken a look at hole NOT-09-070-W1 based on this link. http://norontresources.com/find/id/29/nk

I can not recall who posted this today (kudos) and made the observation that very little drilling has been completed around NOT-09-070-W1. Maybe NOT-09-051. Regardless, the positive, albeit limited in length result from NOT-09-070-W1 begs me to ask the question of what else is around THAT area? Also, why that area? I read Hoov's chocolate syrup analogy - and wonder if we are limited to ribbons of chocolate syrup or perhaps more extensive chocolate chunks? How does an exploration company find the ribbons or chunks of chocolate? As an aside - what does the W stand for in the drill-core code? Is it wedge? Is this code for the different drilling technique?

Moving on again. I would like to know why there is such a discrepancy between the November 19th results from NOT-09-070-W1 and todays results from NOT-09-070-W1. The core section from the November 19th release with the highest Pt content was listed as 68.78gpt Pt. I make the assumption that this portion was submitted for retesting in the "check assays" reported in todays results (this may be incorrect). Regardless - the "check assays" now return values of 943 gpt Pt. Where does this discrepancy/underestimation arise from? Is it a sensitivity vs throughput issue? For example - to analyze longer sections of core for greater throughput - sensitivity of an assay is compromised vs. small sections of core for decreased throughput - increased sensitivity of assay. If this is the case - could their be some false negative (undetected results - despite them being present in the sample) cores out there?

I'm going to read up on this - but I thought I would ask first and then be able to respond later. The reasons for my questioning is the following:

What else have we potentially underestimated in our drill cores? What other secrets lie in our core library?

WW

p.s. Crystal ball says our 43-101 is NOT going to be released before deadline Dec. 11th. It will be released after Dec. 11th and before Christmas.

Please login to post a reply
Wordsworth
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/15/2009
Social Links
Private Message