Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to stock greed's message

Indeed an excellent post Sudbury, but actually what have we learned?

I already new that retail is usually at the mercy of institutions, only exceptions are
times of excellent news that institutionals did not expect and were cought off guard, then the long retails profit if they do sell part of their hold in those times to reaquire
later. Plain retail holders just get bragging rights for a time.

Institutionals often get the news, or rumours, early so they have a jump on Joe Retailer.

"To discourage retail further, Noront announces the give away of Windfall..."

I disagree with that statement ( 'To discourage' ) completely, it implies Noront management complicity in nefarious deeds. I do not buy that interpretation. What I do think is that institutionals and well connected folks got a hint through the rumour mill of Windfall being dropped and they reacted accordingly - They bought while discouraged retail sold on the news. ( I, a self professed gold bug, was discouraged by that news having been initially introduced to Noront by Windfall's possibilities.)

All the rest of that post I buy as is knowing full well that we retailers are the last to know anything and are left with forums such as this to speculate as to what is and will happen.

Is there any wonder that we sometimes go on a wild goose chase with our speculations?
Don't blame us, we are the victims.

Please login to post a reply
Edgy
City
southern Ontario (often in Europe)
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/20/2006