Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
Analyst Workshop
almost 15 years ago

Just a thought I don't think anyone has touched on.

This analyst workshop presentation - excellent stuff.

I think there is a pattern emerging here...it is as clear as day if you ask me.

The pattern I am referring to? The methodical and calculated approach to building our shareholder value.

Analyst coverage is key to driving SP. And in hindsight, this cross-country tour promoting our stock that has resulted in a flat SP really shouldn't be such a surprise. Bay St is where the REAL money is, and I'm glad to see that Wes saved the best for last.

Now, as we all know - this is a very impressive piece of land and (my opinion) a very impressive team with some very impressive results.

Analysts don't go to a meeting for breakfast and text message their assistant to BUY, BUY, BUY all they can when they are in the middle of a presentation. They probably go back to their office, and if it suits them to cover this stock - they perform their own DD and will eventually make their recommendation. Their careers depend on it and I'm sure they don't take their decisions lightly.

These recommendations most definitely influence share price.

So as this BOD (incredibly) makes positive moves almost weekly, if we have some favourable recommendations from the analysts at our meeting from this week - I think we may get some of the pump we are all dying for....but not for a while yet. I'm not sure how soon these guys turn recommendations around but I'm sure it's longer than a couple of weeks.

And a secondary thought - personally, I LOVE to find the negatives. And just to make myself clear, I think NOT has issues - but not the ones I see posted here on a frequent basis. Here are my negatives on NOT.

Government support - One poster mentioned something about McGuinty (Premier of Ontario) wanting to preserve Lowlands. Government prevails above all else - unfortunately. It sounds good now, but these guys can do whatever they want - and tax whoever they want. (Oilsands)

Environmental - Wetlands, Bird/Animal Migrations - I'm pretty sure this has killed at least a dozen multi-million $ windfarms that I know of ( I know THE wind guy in Ontario, ya I'm cool). All you need is one endangered insect or bird up there and all hell could break loose - it's ridiculous.

Lack of Interest - We assume the majors will be fighting over the grandiose task of trying process ore in a swamp in the middle of nowhere so they can turn a profit 10 years from now. That's why we need this BOD to do ALL of the dirty work - which they appear to be doing.

Competition - Unlikely, for sure - but what if Madagascar becomes the new chromite capital of the world after a late discovery? Or Sudbury finds enough nickel to keep themselves occupied for another 20 years.

Takeover Bid - To anyone who thought Irwin was nasty and our current BOD is sneaky - wait until you meet the players that want to gobble this up.

Unknown - I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that the biggest threat to NOT is unknown to just about anybody involved.

Economy - The US is going to take another hit - or should I say it is taking one right now (note the USD -ouch). The good news is, this time the commodities won't go down with the ship...it will hurt - but it shouldn't bury us.

Brattymack

Please login to post a reply
brattymack
City
Toronto
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/30/2009