Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

Our new VP of Geology starts tomorrow. He did not leave Kinross for "no good reason." Today's NR is a great start to invite him in. As courtesy he needs his options given to him and then the PARTY can start. Ie: visuals on hole 50,51. We got visuals on Hole 49. It makes sense to me that it is more "welcoming" to save the new addition some party cake. I have a strong feeling the best is yet to come. Hole 49 NR visuals created no magic for 12 days as we witnessed and as per Pinetree's BNN comments. Something happened shortly after to create the excitement. Let's face it. They drilled the hole 49 used the hand held analyzer and knew what they had. Where was the leak?. Nothing much happened to the share price for 12 days. Suddenly, it starts moving up like crazy , tsx is calling Noront, ....This is what we are waiting for in the form of an NR. What was the leak? This news will come next and based on the Leak reaction it was excellent.....But I guess it is more polite to eat when all are seated at the table. Jeremy, you'll be at the table tomorrow..

Vice President, Geology:
Noront Resources is pleased to announce that as of August 6, 2009, Mr. Jeremy Niemi will be joining the company as Vice President, Geology. Wes Hanson, Noront’s CEO notes, “Jeremy is an experienced geologist with particularly strong skills related to three dimensional modeling, database management and resource and reserve estimation. He fills a significant gap at the corporate level allowing us to quickly and efficiently evaluate and communicate exploration results to our shareholders while assisting management in understanding the impact of critical data. I expect his efforts will significantly streamline our exploration effort, reducing costs and improving success rates.”

Mr. Niemi is a geologist with more than 13 years experience in the mining/resource industry, both at Corporate and Operational levels. His work spans the gold and base metal industries throughout the Americas. He started his career with Inco Technical Services Limited in 1996 working on the Victor Deep project in the Sudbury basin. Following this he worked on mining and exploration projects throughout the world as a consultant with Datamine Canada and subsequently as an independent consultant.

Mr. Niemi was most recently, Manager, Technical Services, for Kinross Gold Corporation, in the Toronto Corporate Office. He is a member of the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario, and holds a B.Sc. Honours degree in Earth Sciences from Laurentian University.

Please login to post a reply
Babjak1
City
Oakville
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/02/2008
Social Links