Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to donypee's message

Yes Don it looks like this will open up a whole new industry in Sudbury.

There is a lot of research taking place here into Robotics. In fact Dr Greg Baden is a world expert on the use of robotics in mining. His local company is doing research into using robotics to explore the moon.

The 4 laning of hwy 69 from Sudbury to Toronto is well under way and has recently been accelerated in the latest ont. budget. We are expecting this will further develop the area for expanded economic development and tourism. The Toronto crowd is already starting to buy up cottages on area lakes as the Muskoka area is crowded and expensive. Cottage prices have doubled and tripled here in the last 3 years.

I'm sure you noticed that the ont. gov't has put money into the budget for roads & airports in Rof. With Federal infrastructure spending about to be announced I'm sure we will see an acceleration of the building of roads, railways , electricity and airports to the RoF.

I hear that KWG will approve the Cliffs deal on April 16. After that we could see further investments by Cliffs at RoF. Cliffs is interested in a lot more than KWG.

I am still amazed that CVRD Inco & Xstrata are so far letting Cliffs gobble up the RoF. They seem a natural to want this rich new discovery. But again it is still early.

Stay tuned.

SN

Please login to post a reply
Sudbury Novice
City
God's Great Outdoors
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined