Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to nylusiak's message

I've already puzzled over this statement ad nauseum in the past couple of months...my only other wild theory I can come up with is this:

While we know it was always the intention to "serve up McFauld's" to a major in a 12 -18 months time frame, maybe Richard Nemis and company want a bit more of a Canadian legacy, as they come to understand the possible magnitude of this find. Is it possible they want to carve out a small piece apart from what would be sold to a major, with the intention being to start up a new home-grown nickel producer?

The other thing is, perhaps the hallmark signature of this find ( so far, known definitively only to those who have successfully drilled it) gives the Noront team confidence they could find another deposit like it, even it were on a much smaller scale.

I have heard it said that explorers don't often make good miners, it being a whole new learning curve,but for an exploration company to say they have a "new vision" for themselves makes me wonder if this could be the tip-off? I mean, John Harvey was with Noranda, so he's spent time in the mining industry as well, not just with junior explorers.

There'a lot of holes in this theory, I'm sure, but I just can't figure out what else could be up his sleeves, after everything he's said he plans to do up to this point.

JMHO

Please login to post a reply
quackaphobe
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/16/2007
Social Links