Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Lance Swago's message

Hi, Lance,

Storm's latest comment regarding having the cash available for risk, makes it simple. 

I can't really answer your question about a safer play with as much upside as this, with other than, "I don't know."  I can say that I like both IZN and ECU, and feel both are safe at current price levels, and both have meaningful upsides, so safer than NOT, but very likely not the huge upside we have here.  Neither is even in the ballpark with NOT for excitement and huge moves, especially not in the last 9 or 10 months.  For many, including me, that volatility is part of what I enjoy in owning a stock, but for others, well, it can be difficult.

What I do know, is that I have been on stock message boards for 8 years or so, and some even had really intelligent people on them, like this one, but yet, the investment didn't pan out.  In many cases, and in part because of the effect a favorably inclined message board can have, people lost substantially more than they could afford.  I certainly don't limit this effect to mining or resource stocks, in fact, it is prevalent in the biotech area. 

Now, most with some experience will understand the above going in, but I was not clear on Storm's experience level, thus the response.

Please login to post a reply
Babaoriley
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2008
Social Links