Mannkind

Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to joeschmoe's message

I generally agree with this but have some questions about timing. It's not just what is going to happen, but when. So I guess that here you are discussing the Jan15 calls as it is unclear just what will have transpired by Jan14 expiration. It looks like $20/share is the inflecton point. I think it is true that Mann is "swinging for the fences" and will either hit a home run or strike out, and I am betting heavily on Al Mann. I think that putting a portion of a MNKD investment into those long dated OTM calls is good advice.

That being said I feel I am already being a bit reckless with almost half of my trading portfolio in MNKD. I can't bring myself to buy puts, but I have decided buy some common stock and sell OTM short dated calls. Today you can buy the stock for $7.45 and sell a June $8 call for $0.35. If the stock goes above $8 in the next 16 days the gain is limited to $0.90, so a 5% to 12% gain in 2 weeks, and you can do it all over again. I think that there is very little chance the stock will tank in the near term. Just thought I might try to hit a few singles while waiting for Al to hit that home run.

Please login to post a reply
ezrasfund
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/19/2012
Social Links
Private Message