Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to jnycat's message

Jnycat,

The capacity of our current oxide mill is 550 tpd and the capacity of our current sulphide mill is 320 tpd. The total current capacity is thus 870 tpd. This is the basis for Mark Butler's estimate of a 900 tpd maximum capacity. This has nothing to do with our capacity if we build a 2,000 tpd sulphide mill. We have at least 30,000,000 tonnes of minerilized ore. This is enough to supply a 2,000 tpd mill for 40 years. There are two operations for mining. One is the digging and the other is the milling. In order to supply the proposed 2,000 tpd mill we will need to hire more miners, open more stopes, buy more equipment and possibly drive a ramp or construct a shaft. With as much ore as ECU has, it is really only a function of throwing enough capital and manpower at the task as needed.

As far as not being profitable until the 2,000 tpd mill is built, ECU had sales of $5.9 million last quarter and the mine turned a $2 million profit. Unfortunately ECU has debt payments which are effecting the bottom line and has a concession payment twice a year. I think we only have 1 or 2 of the concession payments left. I expect sales to be closer to $7 million in Q2 due to adding the copper circuit to the oxide mill and due to higher grades. Unfortunately cost wise, we now have a lot of drilling going on and this cost combined with the debt payments are probably the main reason for our $15 million loan from Golden.

Please login to post a reply
argoz
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/25/2007
Social Links
Private Message