Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to tidbits1's message

According to my broker, here's how ECU trades here in the US or any other country, if and when.

<>First of all, ECU shares have not been set aside or allocated to the US OTC by the Toronto Exchange for trading in the US, as many believe. Buy/sells out of the US are traded on the TX with all the rest. The shares are completely fungible, which is the key. When I buy/sell ECU here in he states, I have to use the symbol ECUXF, which means to Toronto that the trade is coming from the US.

<><>

<>The ECUXF trade goes directly to the OTC here in the states which then forwards it to the TX where it is executed, not here in the US. The same is true if you could trade ECU in Europe, Japan (which uses numbers), Austrailia or wherever. Each would have different symbols to signify exchange origin. All trades would occur in Toronto.

<><>Whenever I trade a Canadian stock, I call the Global desk at Schwab, my online broker. They give me the current bid or ask Canadian price converted into US dollars plus a penny, plus shares available on the TX or Venture. Executions at that price in either exchange have usually been within seconds.

<>The closing price of ECUXF is the US dollar amount of the last trade out of the US. Often the Canadian price has changed considerably after that making the US price appear out of whack.
Please login to post a reply
hobbers
City
Southeast Florida
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/22/2007
Social Links