Copper Fox Metals Inc.

Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM Copper Fox Metals is a Canadian-based resource company focused on developing the world-class Schaft Creek Project in northwestern British Columbia.
PP
over 11 years ago
Re: PP
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago
in response to cuuvette350's message

I find this PP very telling. If CUU honestly believes Teck will back-in (under the same terms as the 2002 Option Agreement) why not let Teck finance the EA 100% as they would if they backed-in?

You could argue they lose ~60 days of EA work but why would Teck wait 60 days to make a decision if they like SC? If CUU waits 2 weeks they will have delivered the BFS and Teck would likely indicate its interest in SC! Surely they must have some cash on their BS.

Full-disclosure: I no longer own any CUU (reasons below) but will buy back in at the right price/time/convincing argument. Reasons (IMHO):

1. No chance of a buy-out until a new FS is published - regardless of the upside we see at SC there is no way Teck's investors would be supportive of spending +$400M (shares or cash) for any % interest in an unknown project with a worse FS than Galore Creek. The street (buy-side and sell-side) would crucify Lindsay if he did this in this environment and given the NPV is only currently $67M - it should be +$5B IMO!!
  2. Teck's unlikely to agree to a JV under the same terms as were agreed upon in 2002. First point, 4 year production clause. Why would Teck risk $ if the estimated construction time is 5 years? Also the 1x, 3x, 4x expenditure arrangement only makes sense for construction capex. SC probably needs $20-40M in drilling, FS work, EA work to get to a construction decision. It seems unlikely Teck would risk $20-40M if SC doesn't get the green light right away and is delayed.

I am not trying to bash CUU it just doesn't fit my risk/reward profile post-BFS at these prices. I still like SC but from reading this forum I am not convinced CUU will meet many retail investors expectations in the next year or so. My guess is Teck enters a completely new, less exciting JV arrangement with CUU and you see a reoptimized FS in the next 12-18 months.

Please login to post a reply
mining_guy123
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/21/2012
Social Links
Private Message