St. Elias Mines

Welcome To the St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company
in response to baddog's message

baddog,

As I said in my post, there are so many variables and the one you speak of could surely be one of them. I definitly feel it could be very real in our situation on the basis if the major knew more info than us, maybe the trespassing on the property could help them?This scenario may be held at bay for now, where Lori has not released any new samples/assay results for approx 15 months. Without these results,trenching results and drilling results, a major could be looking at us saying, ok they have at least a couple million ounces on that property by doing some back of the napkin calculations. But they need more info, the same as us here. At this point in time with extensive work done on the property, we have seen nothing concrete to add ounces. I beleive this is being purposely done by Lori to keep offers at bay, if there is any indication these samples/assays could add considerable speculation to the Tesoro.

IMO, if a major or interest waits years for Lori to prove this up, the more expensive this could get and their deplenishing reserves would have to be fillied elsewhere.This leaves these majors aquiring smaller 1-3 million ounce deposits, which cause a lot of expensive work to mine, then if these small deposits require too much expenditure, they will not even be considered. Major gold finds are very rare, but when one does happen, all eyes are on it because it can return the most bang for the buck back to that major. If a major find is close to the surface, this adds to the desirability of that deposit, because it means a quicker return on revenue and explains the feasability and viability well. If this is as big as some of us think it can be, its gonna be highly sought after long before Lori proves it up. This is why today you see speculative ounces being bought in buyouts, if the majors allow these small companies,that look like they are setting on world class deposits or a profittable resources, to continue to prove up ounces, the major risks 2 things; his chances of negotiating a deal before a competitor does, and the risk that the proof will show much more gold there that has to be surely considered in an offer, whereas speculation is considered in an offer as maybe ounces.

IMO

Please login to post a reply
sculpin
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/09/2009
Social Links