St. Elias Mines

Welcome To the St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company

This news from another company, piques my interest.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/17726/matsa-resources-fields-interest-from-third-chinese-investor-in-15m-ounce-norseman-gold-project-17726.html

Here is a 1.4 million ounce gold deposit at very low grade. The cost to get this out of the ground is high, $760-$900 per ounce depending on the value/quanity of the by-products. Yet, apparently, you have the Chinese interested in this rather not so profitable resource.

IMO, I wouldn,t have expected the Chinese to have this much interest in a play of this caliber. Are the Chinese having trouble finding more profitable in the ground gold deposits to satisfy their demand? I also thought that Australia had a high royalty tax on resources. Maybe investment requirements there are more lenient for different nationalities to play a major part in ownership of companies? I don,t know, but you would think that there is something more that doesn,t meet the eye so readily.

I guess I will spin this around now to fit into our equation. If the Chinese are this desperate to add to there source of gold, its very possible they will want a piece of us.

IMO

Please login to post a reply
sculpin
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/09/2009
Social Links