Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
Tom...
over 13 years ago
Tom....
over 13 years ago
C-com....
over 13 years ago
in response to EDIGOKIE's message

...we're sorry to see you go.

To further respond to a post from Tom, and for those who might be interested in the EDIG comparison, IMO there is no reason to bail on EDIG yet. As you know, I own some shares in that company too, so I follow it pretty closely. I think a comparison with PTSC is instructive in this regard, primarily using PTSC as an example of what not to do.

EDIG is still in the early stages of its infringement litigation program, with relatively few settlements having been completed --- unfortunately, those settlements have been "low hanging fruit", which probably accounts to a large extent for the current stock price. However, the ruling on its Markman hearing is expected any day now, almost certainly within the next few weeks --- based on the way the cases have been pursued and the issues that are presented, many expect that the ruling, if favorable to EDIG, may well drive the share price upward. Furthermore, EDIG's attorneys are paid strictly on a contingency basis.

By contrast, PTSC has had 80+ settlements, the vast majority coming after its favorable Markman ruling, but its business partner that engages in licensing efforts, with whom PTSC is engaged in side litigation, has not delivered on its repeatedly announced intention of increasing both the frequency and amount of settlements. I could go on and on about PTSC's numerous other debacles, of course, but there is no need. The point is that EDIG is still early in the licensing process, while PTSC is much longer in the tooth in that regard and has failed its shareholders in many other aspects --- as a result, a turnaround for PTSC, while not impossible, will almost surely be more difficult.

Best wishes to you and yours always.

Please login to post a reply
ronran
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2004
Social Links