Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to BaNosser's message

Re Swartz.. So, you see him retaining some role/influence on PTSC after the 5-31 contract expires and his ever dwindling share count? If (big if) CJ is jettisoned.. does Swartz still have a role here?

I base my reasoning on the fact that in business, if someone's role will be "managed out" as part of a plan, you want to effect a sense of transition prior to the event. Make them less of a player, ramp up the players you want involved, in the direction you intend to travel.

Kind of wordy on my part, but I hope you know what I mean.

1) IF CJ is Jettisoned, and Patriot needed funds (AND HAS NO OTHER DEFINED RECOURSE), then I would expect Patriot to return to Swartz, reasoning a prior (positive!?!) relationship. Better to know the devil you're dealing with, than not. Also, I would expect in the coming $ environment that money from banks will be difficult to come by. The only thing I would be careful of, is they MANAGED CLOSELY and be kept at arms length.

2) The MMP is a definite benefit as an income stream for Patriot - BUT the unknowns are: 1) level of revenues, 2) expenses related to MMP (future litigation as related to defense, etc...) -probably minor, but I needed an example #2 ;-)

Let's say this - If a short window of opportunity came along for PTSC to redefine it's business and take advantage, but required an up-front Capital push of 200-300 Million and VC support was not available (after all, what collateral is there?...where would you go?...Swartz or the MMP?

One's mind can go off on tangents and fantasies trying to figure out what these guys are going to do next...

It could be that they *REALLY* are going to do something this time, or it could be akin to the same thing that Oriental Rug dealer pull in their "Going out of Business" sales, creating a superficial incentive for the potential buyer, in order to generate business, while in reality only effecting one family member giving up their business license, to another in the family, with the business never actually going anywhere, just changing family names.

Anyway.. thanks for expanding my mind..

I did alot of that too in my 20's - I'd say my mind's pretty much lost it's elasticity, hence these broken thought posts that I suckered you into reading....:-)

Regards

Please login to post a reply
Larscot
City
San Francisco Bay Area
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2004