e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
Re: ? MICROSIGNET
almost 8 years ago
in response to vic's message

Vic

There may be a significant difference between Nunchi and the other 2 products developed by EDIG. I get the impression that it may be impossible to make the products of those companies that settled without Nunchi. Maybe I'm wrong and Nunchi was just a convenient IP to steal. or maybe they just blundered on to the process or part of it, unintentionally. Maybe they could have done it another way.

There must be a ton of companies selling the same product. Did all of them infringe on the IP? If not, how did they do it. If Nunchi isn't a "must have' tech", then there's a near term finite future for these settlements. Filings appear to have slowed down. I suspect time will tell.

With respect to Microsignet and Synap, if these are not "must haves", then they just join the ranks of many other products out there and will have to fight for their share of the market. Maybe they are unique, but there are a myriad of security gadgets out there. Frankly, unless EDIG can demonstrate their products are better than the existing or future tech, they'll have a problem.

With all that said, I'm still hanging in there. 

I wish I could see the Google settlement. :>):>)

Please login to post a reply
Pravda
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/18/2006
Social Links
Private Message