e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
in response to doni's message

IMHO, legal expert I'm not... if anyone else with LEGAL EXPERIENCE wants to chime in, I'm all ears...lol

Of course, I'm looking at this from a SHAREHOLDERS point of view and it just means MORE TIME to WAIT but it could be worth the wait.

It's just another WAY for Micron's Attorneys to pressure e.Digital to settle for WAY LESS. Hoping e.Digital will SETTLE and not want to go through the time consuming process that might take awhile, like they did with INTEL.

If e.Digital goes through this PROCESS and wins, then ONCE AND FOR ALL... the PATENT CLAIM is validated, then its even stronger and we have a better chance when and if we go to TRIAL with MICRON.. then the pressure is on MICRON. NOW, if its INVALIDATED, then its not so good for the home team. That's the risk and THAT'S IT IN A NUTSHELL... there's a lot more to it.

It's just another cat and mouse game and the Petitioner (Micron) has hired an EXPERT to try to invalidate the patent claim. Of course, he's a HIGHLY PAID PROFESSIONAL TECHNICAL MERCENARY...LOL (Sorry for the sweeping generelization, I'm just feeling a little bit JADED right now)

In my opinion, it's just another OPPORTUNITY for the DEFENDANT to apply pressure even when the COURT SYSTEM agrees with e.Digital and HANDAL but if the PATENT GOES THROUGH THIS PROCESS and we win, then the PRESSURE is back on MICRON.

It's just another HOOP to jump through and its all perfectly legal according to the law.

Inter partes review (IPR)

The USPTO released the final rules for inter partes review, the trial practice guide, and the general administrative trial final rules on August 14, 2012:

http://fishpostgrant.com/inter-partes-review/

Please login to post a reply
letgojoe1
City
Charleston SC
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
01/08/2005