Silver Falcon Mining

Welcome to the Silver Falcon Mining HUB on AGORACOM (Edit this Message from the "Fast Facts" Section)

My questions to RS at the shm produced some answers that may be worth noting.

This summer SFMI geologists surveyed and got ready for claims to BLM on 1,500 additional acres on WEM. Our geologists are trying to map and sample the veins where we find them both on and off land we now claim. The 1,500 acres of new claims will add 2.3 square miles to SFMI's present holdings of 2.2 square miles. I would expect many of the new claims to be north of the peak of WEM, where RS expects to find new cross veins. The new acreage will more than double the acreage SFMI now controls.

RS said that the Poorman and Oro Fino main fault vein systems probably extend 4 to 5 miles N-S along strike. The historical area mined along both the Poorman and Oro Fino was about 1.5 miles each. If RS is correct that the vein systems may reach 4-5 miles in length, then big discoveries of Au-Ag are in store.

RS also stated that there were bound to be more cross veins on the north side of WEM, and that there was a good chance that we would find veins that were "surface enriched" and had not been previously mined. The highest oz./t Au-Ag mined on WEM was mined within 300' of the surface. If any new vein enriched areas are found, SFMI may have bonanza grades like the miners in the 1860's-1870's. Bonanza grade is Au exceeding 1 oz./t.

RS thinks that the Cumberland vein structure is 4-5 miles long, most of which has not been mined.

Cape Horn Mine did not touch much of the Au in it's area, which is an extension of the Oro Fino vein system to the south. We own all of the Cape Horn claims and veins and are surveying them further.

Please login to post a reply
silvercity
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/22/2007
Social Links
Private Message