POET Technologies Inc.

I realize a reverse split is not on the table, and would have to pass at the next AGM. Last night I was thinking, I can't imagine a "sophisticated investor" willingly grabbing so many cheap shares, only to to lose potential gains via a R/S down the road? I would think a sophisticated buyer would have some assurance from the company this would not happen?

Worst case, they could vote it down quite easily.

I never heard back from IR regarding the "first product" (component, detector) - is this still in fact the first product, or is POET starting commercialization of the platform with the integrated optical engine - the AOC? Yet, the letter to shareholders addressed both the VCSEL and the detector, and expressed the need for functional prototypes, at volume.

My reasoning is that the $10M is not for creating fab-volume prototypes of the AOC (just yet), but for the detector, at least. That is the only component that has produced and reported stellar, "best in class" lab results, I believe? So this must be what Suresh was referring to?

Has anyone heard of Aquantia? They have partnered with GlobalFoundries for a technology called QuantumStream, that claims to speed up data center interconnects, but I can't understand exactly how they are doing it. http://www.aquantia.com/technology/100g-page/

lebowski101

Please login to post a reply
lebowski101
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/30/2014
Social Links